When it comes to styling your hair, having the right tools can make the difference between loving your good hair days and wanting to wear a hat whenever you leave the house. To make styling your hair easier and more rewarding, you should have the best hair dryer for you.
Things to consider:
- Wattage is important. The higher the wattage, the more powerful the heat and air flow will be. Make sure your dryer’s wattage is at least 1900 watts.
- Use a dryer with ceramic and tourmaline technology. A hair dryer with a ceramic heater gives off stronger and more even heat to help straighten your hair while the tourmaline (negative ion emitting crystals) promotes smooth and shiny hair.
- Diffuser and nozzle attachments are necessary for different looks
- Variable speeds and heat controls should be available
- A dryer’s weight matters, especially for those with long hair. Your wrist and arm will get tired half way through your style if you are using a heavy blow dryer.
- If you have a hairstyle that relies on flips or is tricky to set, you need a dryer with a cool shot button.